March 28, 2011
WOMEX for International Music Scene in Copenhagen
WOMEX is a very cool music event being held in Copenhagen, Denmark this October. The event highlights the most important international professional market of world music of every kind.
Think of it as an international fair, which brings together professionals from the worlds of folk, roots, ethnic and traditional music and also includes concerts, conferences and documentary films. It contributes to networking as an effective means of promoting music and culture of all kinds across frontiers.
Since it started, there have been significant milestones including its current state:
- 2,440 delegates and 1,360 companies from 94 countries.
- 850 concert and festival bookers.
- 600 labels, publishers and distributors.
- 700 managers and 350 producers.
- 350 national and international journalists, incl. 170 radio broadcasters.
- A bustling Trade Fair with 260 stands and 650 exhibiting companies.
- 59 Showcase acts with 300 artists from 38 countries on 6 stages.
- More than 60 speakers in 20 Conference Sessions; a Mentoring programme; a new Matchmaking service for publishers and Country Speed-Dating.
- A festive Opening Concert – The Chaosmos of Korean Music: Heaven, Earth and Human – presenting three of the finest bands on the contemporary Korean music scene.
It will be held from October 26-30, 2011 in Copenhagen although check out information on Virtual WOMEX as well.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference WOMEX for International Music Scene in Copenhagen:
The comments to this entry are closed.