February 23, 2011
Google's Gopi Kallayil: Friend Yourself & Listen to the Tweet of your Heartbeat
- 1. Focus on the essential. (today, we seem to think everything is essential)
- Do one thing at a time. (it keeps you focused and more productive.
- Do 1 minute of mindfulness every day and have integrity while you do it. What is the rush? What am I going towards? What am I running from?
- Make appointments for mindfulness in your calendar and make them non-negotiable. Find one anchor in your life that you’ll totally commit to no matter what happens. Gopi says he has three anchors he will not miss, one of which is leading yoga for the Googlers in a class he calls Yoglers.
- Friend yourself. (all of us are proud that we have thousands of followers/friends on Twitter and Facebook, but he asserts, the most important relationship we can have is the one with ourselves.
He says, "how about listening to the tweet of your heartbeart?" You have to unplug from the Internet to plug into the Innernet. How will you do this for yourself?
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Google's Gopi Kallayil: Friend Yourself & Listen to the Tweet of your Heartbeat: