March 20, 2008
Sharpcast's SugarSync Keeps it ALL Synchronized
Former client Sharpcast launched SugarSync today, a platform that keeps macs, PCs, mobile phones and the web automatically synchronized. It's essentially an all-in-one solution for sync, back-up, remote access and sharing for all your digital media.
They currently have a free trial and anyone who subscribes to the service by April 15th will receive 50% off his or her first year’s subscription fees and become eligible for future Founders’ Circle offers and exclusive early access to new Sharpcast products.
SugarSync consists of five core components that work together automatically:
* Lightweight sync manager software for Macs and PCs that works in the background to automatically synchronize files across multiple computers and back them up online
* A personal, secure website, including a built-in photo gallery, that is automatically created and can be accessed through any web browser for remote access and sharing
* A mobile-optimized website that is automatically created for wireless access and sharing of files stored on any of a customer’s computers from any mobile web browser, with a special version for iPhones
* An optional mobile phone client application that synchronizes camera phone images (and other media types beginning this spring) with the customer’s personal website and all their computers; and enables them to access and share their entire digital photo collection wirelessly
* A universal contact list that stays in sync across all the customer’s devices and their personal website for sharing files and media
SugarSync fills the many gaps in functionality and user experience left by contemporary backup solutions that don’t provide remote access and require individual subscriptions for multiple computers; remote access services which require a person’s primary computer to be online; mobile services which require manual file transfer over cables or storage cards; and traditional peer-to-peer synchronization solutions that require all devices to be connected at the same time and don't address any of the increasingly important mobile use cases.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Sharpcast's SugarSync Keeps it ALL Synchronized:
The comments to this entry are closed.