September 19, 2005
VideoEgg Makes Online Video as Easy as Photos
VideoEgg Publisher is a new Web-based video publishing technology that makes it easy for everyday Internet users to capture, encode, upload, and watch online video for the first time. A ‘universal adapter’ that captures directly from hundreds of devices and reads dozens of formats, the VideoEgg Publisher allows users to painlessly publish video that anyone can watch without worrying about player compatibilities, encoding settings, or extra software.
Currently, posting video online is complicated for users, requiring a highly technical understanding of formats, encoders, players and servers. The VideoEgg Publisher simplifies the difficult video encoding and posting process, allowing users to capture video directly into a Website from camcorders, Web cams, and mobile phones. It also accepts video files via a simple drag-and-drop interface. Before movies are encoded and posted, users can perform basic edits with the Publisher’s simple editing tools.
Using this system, videos are immediately available for viewing online through the Flash-based VideoEgg Player, a “playerless” solution that does not require external players like Windows Media and QuickTime.
Users can now:
• Enhance online classifieds with video of real estate, cars, boats, etc.
• Add life to personal profiles for dating and social-networking services
• Enrich online auction postings with product presentations
• Share home movies with friends and family
• Submit multimedia projects and reports for school and work
• Augment applications to schools, jobs and programs
• Spice up personal Websites, emails and blogs
Cool stuff and a natural fit for the blogosphere. No longer is video complicated for the every day user.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference VideoEgg Makes Online Video as Easy as Photos:
The comments to this entry are closed.